This motor driver shield and its corresponding Arduino library make it easy to control a pair of bidirectional, brushed DC motors with an Arduino or compatible board. The board features Allegro s A4990 dual H-bridge motor driver IC, which operates from 6 V to 32 V. It can deliver a continuous 0.65 A to each motor channel, and the current control feature of the A4990 limits the peak motor current to about 0.9 A per channel with the onboard sense resistors, making this shield well suited for low-current, high-voltage motors.
- Dual-H-bridge motor driver: can drive two DC motors or one bipolar stepper motor
- Motor supply voltage: 6 V to 32 V
- Logic supply voltage 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Output current: 0.65 A continuous per motor
- Current control limits peak current to 0.9 A per motor
- Can work with ultrasonic (> 20 kHz) PWM frequencies, which allows for quieter motor operation
- Shield can optionally power the Arduino base directly when motor supply voltage is suitable