HAPPY HOLIDAYS! WE WILL BE CLOSED FROM DEC 23 TO JAN 1.
A4990 Dual Motor Shield (0.6A)
This small shield is an easy, economical way to control two small brushed DC motors with an Arduino or Arduino-compatible board. Its integrated A4990 dual motor driver operates from 6 V to 32 V and can deliver a continuous 0.65 A to each motor channel, making it a great control option for low-current motors that run on high voltages. The A4990 is configured to limit the peak motor current to about 0.9 A per channel and is protected against reverse-voltage, under-voltage, over-voltage, short-circuit, and over-temperature conditions.
This motor driver shield and its corresponding Arduino library make it easy to control a pair of bidirectional, brushed DC motors with an Arduino or compatible board. The board features Allegro s A4990 dual H-bridge motor driver IC, which operates from 6 V to 32 V. It can deliver a continuous 0.65 A to each motor channel, and the current control feature of the A4990 limits the peak motor current to about 0.9 A per channel with the onboard sense resistors, making this shield well suited for low-current, high-voltage motors.
- Dual-H-bridge motor driver: can drive two DC motors or one bipolar stepper motor
- Motor supply voltage: 6 V to 32 V
- Logic supply voltage 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Output current: 0.65 A continuous per motor
- Current control limits peak current to 0.9 A per motor
- Can work with ultrasonic (> 20 kHz) PWM frequencies, which allows for quieter motor operation
- Shield can optionally power the Arduino base directly when motor supply voltage is suitable