The Sharp distance sensors are a popular choice for many projects that require accurate distance measurements. This IR sensor is more economical than sonar rangefinders, yet it provides much better performance than other IR alternatives. Interfacing to most microcontrollers is straightforward: the single analog output can be connected to an analog-to-digital converter for taking distance measurements, or the output can be connected to a comparator for threshold detection, making this an adjustable-threshold alternative to digital Sharp sensors. The detection range of this version is approximately 2 cm to 15 cm (0.8 to 6 ).
- Operating voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Average current consumption: 12 mA
- Distance measuring range: 2 cm to 15 cm
- Output type: analog voltage
- Output voltage differential over distance range: 1.65 V (typical)
- Size: 1.06 0.52 0.56
- Weight: 3.5 g (0.12 oz)