This board is a compact (0.5 ?0.9 ) breakout board for ST s L3GD20 three-axis digital-output gyroscope; we therefore recommend careful reading of the L3GD20 datasheet before using this product. The L3GD20 is a great IC, but its small, leadless, LGA package makes it difficult for the typical student or hobbyist to use. It also operates at voltages below 3.6 V, which can make interfacing difficult for microcontrollers operating at 5 V. This carrier board addresses these issues by incorporating additional electronics, including a 3.3 V voltage regulator and level-shifting circuits, while keeping the overall size as compact as possible.
- Dimensions: 0.5 ?0.9 ?0.1 (13 ?23 ?3 mm)
- Weight without header pins: 0.7 g (0.03 oz)
- Operating voltage: 2.5 to 5.5 V
- Supply current: 7 mA
- Output format (I C/SPI): one 16-bit reading per axis
- Sensitivity range (configurable): 250 Degree /s, 500 Degree /s, or 2000 Degree /s