WE WILL BE CLOSED ON SAT MAY 13
Out of stock
The LilyPad MP3 Player is your all-in-one audio solution, containing an Arduino-compatible microcontroller, MP3 (and many other formats) audio decoder chip, micro-SD card socket, and a stereo audio amplifier. Part of the Lilypad E-textiles line, this board can be used to give your fabric creations the gift of music, or any other sounds you can put on a micro-SD card.
It can be powered by a 3.7V Lipo battery (charging circuit built-in!), or an external 3.5-6V source. Off the shelf, it will play specific audio files when any of its five trigger inputs are grounded, or you can solder in an RGB rotary encoder (not included) and load new firmware (included in the link below) to add a user interface for track selection and volume control!
The board is compatible with sketches written for the MP3 Player Shield. Our example code uses Bill Porter s MP3 Player library, which makes writing new code very easy. All you need to do is add a microSD card and some speakers, and you re ready to rock.
LilyPad is a wearable e-textile technology developed by Leah Buechley and cooperatively designed by Leah and SparkFun. Each LilyPad was creatively designed to have large connecting pads to allow them to be sewn into clothing. Various input, output, power, and sensor boards are available. They re even washable!
- ATmega 328p microprocessor with Arduino bootloader (Pro 3.3V/8MHz)
- VS1053B MP3 (and many other formats) decoder chip
- TPA2016D2 stereo amplifier
- MCP73831 3.7V Lipo charger (preset to 500mA, rate can be changed if desired)
- Headphone jack
- Five trigger inputs, also usable as analog, serial and I2C ( Wire ) connections
- Load new firmware (or write your own) using the free Arduino IDE
- 5V FTDI basic breakout for battery recharging and reprogramming
- Header for optional RGB rotary encoder (not included, requires soldering)