With Arduino, building gadgets with embedded system is easy, even for beginners. These tiny computers control functions in everything from cars to children s toys and mobile phones. Once you learn the basics, you ll build your first gadget in just a few days. Each learn-as-you-build project adds to your knowledge and skills. Among the many projects in this book, cool projects includes:
- Stalker Guard a gadget with sensors to detect people approaching
- Insect Robot an obstacle avoiding robot with sensors and motors
- Interactive Painting an interactive slideshow you control with your hands
- Boxing Clock a graphically rich timer clock on an Android phone
- Remote for a Smart Home A way to control power outlets with Arduino
- Soccer Robot A remote controlled, soccer playing robot
- Experiment with Arduino, the popular microcontroller board
- Build robots and electronic projects with easy-to-follow instructions
- Turn your ideas into working physical prototypes
- Use Android phones as remote controls in your projects
- Work with a programming language created for artists, designers, and hobbyists
- Get everyone involved, with projects that even beginners can build
About the Authors:
Tero Karvinenteaches Linux and embedded systems in Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, where his work has also included curriculum development and research in wireless networking. He previously worked as a CEO of a small advertisement agency. Tero’s education includes a Masters of Science in Economics.
Kimmo Karvinenworks as a CTO in hardware manufacturer that specializes in integrated AV and security systems. Before that he worked as a marketing communications project leader and as a creative director and partner in advertisement agency. Kimmo’s education includes a Masters of Art.