To build Android/IOIO devices, you write the program on your computer, transfer it to your Android, and then communicate with the IOIO via a USB or Bluetooth connection. The IOIO board translates the program into action. This book provides the source code and step-by-step instructions you need to build the example projects. All you have to supply is the hardware.
- Learn your way around the IOIO and discover how it interacts with your Android
- Build an intruder alarm that sends a text message when it detects movement
- Make a temperature sensing device that logs readings on your Android
- Create a multicolor LED matrix that displays a Space Invader animation
- Build an IOIO-powered surveillance rover that you control with your Android
- Get the software and hardware requirements for creating your own Android/IOIO accessories
About the Author:
Simon Monk has a degree in Cybernetics and Computer Science and a PhD in Software Engineering. Co-founder of Momote Ltd., a provider of mobile software for workforce management, he is now a full-time author who s written serval books about electronics and open source hardware.