WE WILL BE CLOSED ON MON OCT 30
nRF8001 BLE Shield
BLE Shield stands for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Shield. It is designed to work with Arduino boards or compatibles, including Arduino Uno, Mega 2560, Leonardo and Due. It allows you to connect your Arduino boards with other BLE Central device like a smartphone or tablet.
- Besides the on-board PCB antenna, option to use SMA connector for external antenna (soldering is required)
- Flexible REQN and RDYN pins selectable from pin 2 to 12, these pins are fixed at 8 & 9 for BLE Shield v1
- Reset button also resets the Arduino board, and vice versa
- ICSP header provides Vcc (for other shields to get power source)
- ICSP header now passes through (for other shields to connect to the SPI)
- Shield’s reset is controllable by Arduino pin 4 or 7
- Reset signal to the shield is now active low (i.e. pull low to reset the shield)
- Added test points for power consumption measurement of the nRF8001 chip (soldering is required)
- Added circuitry and test pin (J9 NC) for measurement of instant working current (using logic analyzer, 1mA = 100mV).
- Reset button is changed to “side button”
- nRF8001 SPI pins can be set to either Pins 11-13 on the side or ICSP, this allows other Arduino compatible boards with no ICSP header such as FRDM-KL05 board, RedBoard and so on to interface with the nRF8001 BLE chip
- Flexible REQN and RDYN pins selectable from pin 2 to 10
- The board is shorter than before and this allows it to fit on Arduino Yun physically