The SpeakJet is pre-configured with 72 speech elements (allophones), 43 sound effects, and 12 DTMF Touch Tones. Through the selection of these sounds, and in combination with the control of the pitch, rate, bend, and volume parameters, the user has the ability to produce unlimited phrases and sound effects, with thousands of variations, at any time.
The SpeakJet can be controlled simultaneously by logic changes on any one of its eight Event Input lines, and by a single I/O serial line, allowing for both CPU-controlled and stand-along operations.
- Programmable, 5-channel synthesizer
- Natural phonetic speech synthesis
- DTMF and other sound effects.
- Programmable control of pitch, rate, bend and volume.
- Programmable power up or reset announcements.
- Multiple modes of operation.
- Simple interface to microcontrollers.
- Simple Stand Alone operation.
- Three programmable digital outputs.
- Internal 64 Byte input buffer.
- Internal programmable EEPROM.
- Extremely low power consumption.
- Low pin count.
- Multiple case styles available.