The fully-differential inputs are safe for floating audio signals such as from our MP3 Shield, and can also be connected to ground-referenced signals as well. A shutdown input is provided to save power when the amplifier is not being used, and a solder jumper and header are provided to connect a volume-control potentiometer (not included).
Note: The amplifier s class-D design outputs a 250kHz PWM-like signal that is restored to an analog voltage in the speaker s coil. This is what makes the amplifier so efficient, but because of the switching frequency, you should keep the amplifier as close to the speaker as possible to minimize possible interference.
- Extremely efficient class-D amplifier
- 1.4W into 8 Ohms
- 2.5V to 5.5V supply
- Fully differential audio inputs, can be ground-referenced as well
- Shutdown input with pullup and LED-follows-shutdown circuitry
- PTH pads provided to change gain resistors if desired (see datasheet for details)
- Solder jumper and header allow addition of a 10k volume control potentiometer (not included)