The inputs of the amplifier go through 1.0uF capacitors, so they are fully ‘differential’ – if you don’t have differential outputs, simply tie the R- and L- to ground. The outputs are “Bridge Tied” – that means they connect directly to the outputs, no connection to ground. The output is a ~300KHz square wave PWM that is then ‘averaged out’ by the speaker coil – the high frequencies are not heard. All the above means that you can’t connect the output into another amplifier, it should drive the speakers directly.
Comes with a fully assembled and tested breakout board with 1.0uF input capacitors. We also include 3.5mm screw-terminal blocks so you can easily attach/detach your speakers, and some header in case you want to plug it into a breadboard.
- Output Power: 2.8W at 4ohm, 10% THD, 1.7W at 8ohm, 10% THD, with 5V Supply
- PSRR: 80 dB, 5ms startup time
- Designed for use without an output filter, when wires are kept at under 2″-4″ long
- I2C interface pins for setting gain, AGC configuration parameters, etc. See our tutorial for more details
- Selectable gain from -28dB to 30dB
- Excellent click-and-pop suppression
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Shutdown pin for power saving mode.
- Low current draw: 3.5mA quiescent and 0.2uA in shutdown mode